"Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it."
Winston Churchill

Sonsofadamu.revolutionbegin.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Batman movie massacre

Mr. SMITH

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-0721-batman-theaters-20120721,0,208899.story

The deadly rampage in Colorado shattered a fundamental appeal of moviegoing: a chance to escape the humdrum for a world of fantasy. Now, theater owners and theWarner Bros.studio must figure out whether"The Dark Knight Rises"can still be an entertaining diversion, not a reminder of a tragic mass shooting.

The shooting also raised the specter among moviegoers that they could become targets, leading theater owners and some police forces to step up security measures this weekend.

"It's horrifying what happened in Colorado and it makes me scared about copycats here," said Katie Gerber, 34, who had tickets for a Friday afternoon screening at the ArcLight in Hollywood. "I'm not nervous to go see the movie now, but it'll be hard not to think about it during the gun-fighting scenes."

PHOTOS: Celebrities react

"The Dark Knight Rises" was poised to become one of the summer's biggest box-office hits. The film took in $30.6 million at midnight screenings, the second-biggest midnight opening of all time, and box-office experts said the sequel could gross as much as $200 million in its first three days of release, a mark which only"The Avengers"has surpassed.

In a statement, director Christopher Nolan acknowledged the damage the shooting had done to the sanctity of the moviegoing experience.

"I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime," Nolan said in a statement. "The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me."

TIMELINE: Mass shootings in the U.S.

While a number of theater owners publicly said the show must go on, one exhibitor conceded that parents in particular may be reluctant to send their children to "The Dark Knight Rises" — or any movie for that matter. Attendance at some Friday morning screenings proved sparse, and several theater chains said they would honor ticket-buyer requests for refunds.

Because so many of Friday's "Dark Knight" tickets were pre-sold, it was difficult to immediately determine if the shooting was having a material effect on attendance.

Warner Bros., the studio behind the $250-million-plus production, entered crisis mode after the news broke of the shooting at a midnight showing of the movie. The studio immediately canceled a splashy Friday night premiere in Paris for which director Nolan and the star-studded cast led by Christian Bale had already flown across the Atlantic, as well as media events next week in Tokyo and Mexico City.

PHOTOS: Colorado movie theater shooting

TV ads touting the film were pulled from most major networks, including CBS, NBC, Fox and ESPN, and Warner Bros. ordered a halt to showing all trailers for its upcoming film "Gangster Squad," which features a violent shootout in a movie theater.

Shortly after the shooting, the Burbank studio issued a statement expressing sympathy for the victims. The senior executive team led by Chairman Barry Meyer met at 10 a.m. to discuss how to handle issues such as marketing and premieres without seeming crass or insensitive, according to people at Warner not authorized to speak publicly.

Studio staffers from around the world began gathering on conference calls as early as 5 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time to discuss how to respond to the shooting. Most other business was on hold in Warner Bros.' film department as employees quickly moved to rewrite plans for their most important release of the year.

PHOTOS: Celebrities react

Theater owners said they were reviewing their security procedures. AMC, the nation's second-largest theater chain, said it would not allow guests to wear costumes "that make other guests feel uncomfortable" or permit fake weapons or face-covering masks, as some people have worn to the earliest "Dark Knight Rises" screenings. Patrons at some theaters, including a Regal theater in Washington, had their bags checked by theater employees as a precaution.

But exhibitors ruled out measures such as bringing in metal detectors, calling them intrusive and difficult to implement.

"It's physically impossible to check every person absent turning it into airport-level security, and no one wants to do that," said Bruce Frank, president and chief executive of Frank Theatres, which operates 26 locations in states including New Jersey, Florida and North Carolina.

July 21, 2012 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rafael
Site Owner

Good to see you Smith. Alot of things dont add up with this story. My prayers go out to the families of the victims. I posted a video of the trailer that played right before the Batman movie and in the trailer it featured a massacre that happened in the movie theater. Almost a slap in the face if this was an orchestrated event in order to add more security measures to the country and eventually world. Again, all ways to ensure martial law takes effect sooner than later. "How much do i give up until i feel safe again, is a sheeple way of life"

Literally, i kept reading the comments and heres what one user posted.

moxnix at 6:14 AM July 21, 2012 The only way I can feel safe again to go to a movie theatre is to require security checkpoints (aka what we have in airports run by the TSA including full body searches for everyone, esp white males) before entering a theatre (or any other public event). Also random checks of purses, etc. before entering the separate theatre itself. I won't go back to a theatre until the same security used at airports are used at movie theatres. In the meantime, I'm back to waiting to rent the film."

--

Rafael

July 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Barkled1

Hi, just joined because of this article. How is it that this was orchestrated? not that im taking a shot at you but i ask because i've heard the same.

July 21, 2012 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rafael
Site Owner

I never said that it was orchestrated, My exact words were "IF IT WAS ORCHESTRATED". Im only offering a different and more common sense approach when clues lead in that direction. Again i follow the crumbs (plural) as in its never one thing alone that leads me to believe something.

--

Rafael

July 21, 2012 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Barkled1

Good point and i just read the rest and i agree with what your saying, people panic easily. The public is quick to let officials deal with their problems!

July 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ainan King

Just keep in mind that people will give up many freedoms in order to feel "SAFE" and the powers that be use this fear. I do not know what caused this event any more than you, but I have my suspicions! At any rate, it will be used to tighten the grip of the iron fist, of this you can be certain.

--

Sir Ainan King

August 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rafael
Site Owner

Sorry i've been out for so long. My computer has a virus that wont let it turn on so i've been dealing with that. As for the batman shooting, just look at the news as we speak. More and more stories of people who have been "planning" mass shootings left and right. People who some how acquire 20 thousand dollars worth of weapons with seemingly no way to do so and no motive. These examples alone should strike questions with anyone. And your right Ainan, this is going to happen soon. Disarm the mass and leave them defenseless.

--

Rafael

August 5, 2012 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ainan King

Yes,, funny though it is! They can not disarm nor leave the children with no defense. Our weapon is the Word of God which is a double edged sword able to divide the spirit and the flesh. Christ is our shield and our exceeding great reward! I say again my brother, the battle for Earth is one of spirit, and we who have the Spirit of life and truth, there is none to make us tremble! Behold He will send ten thousand legions of my brethren before His return, and they shall divide the tares from the wheat and prepare the way. Forget not the Word of power, which is able to rule over every weak and beggarly element. 

--

Sir Ainan King

August 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rafael
Site Owner

Now that we're talking about war, i remember speaking with you about the war that has been going on behind the scenes, with the sirians right? how is it that we havent seen collateral damage or some sort of effect on us from it? I know you mentioned that the clean up is already in process but what else has been going on?

--

Rafael

August 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rafael
Site Owner

I just made another post in the news section about a recent discovery made in connection with this movie to another horrific massacre. Although i see no reason for batman to be tied with these i have always noticed that when the Illuminati plan an attack and go through with it, they give you OBVIOUS signs and leave trails as if they use a code of conduct on how to carry out these attacks. A slap in the face but then again, what are we going to do about it. Those who control the horrific events of this world and aim to lead all into evil, do not see us as a threat! I suggest you take a look at another coincidence about this in the news section under "sandy hook reference in batman movie." Again, i am not suggesting that this is truth but i will never walk by a coincidence without studying it in further detail!!

--

Rafael

December 16, 2012 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

299 views - 0 comments
299 views - 0 comments
279 views - 0 comments
255 views - 0 comments

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

INSTAQUOTE DAILY